Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Marriage has brought me luck: Tara

Actions speak louder than words. And Tara Sharma knows this only too well. She is out to prove all those wrong, who had said that she had taken

a break after her marriage.

Looking as gorgeous as ever, the actress is excited about her films Suno Na, Amavas, Mocktail, The Whisperers, and Other End of the Line, which are set for release in 2009. Tara says, "I don't know where all this talk of me going on a hiatus has come from. I had worked in films even after my marriage, but none of them were released. So, I guess people put two and two together and thought I was not working!" Does she think that too much hue and cry is made about actresses not getting work after they 'settle down' in a relationship? She replies thoughtfully, "I cannot talk about others, but I can say for myself that I was definitely not out of work. In a way, marriage has proved lucky for me! If you look the character and do justice to the director's vision, I don't think marital status is an issue at all."

The right choice
Be it an arty film, a big banner commercial one or a small film, Tara says she's lucky to be doing them all. "Whether it's working with directors like Karan Johar, Madhur Bhandarkar, Dipanker Banerjee among others or whether it's working with a talented star cast, I feel truly blessed. I had joined the film industry after chucking a career in the corporate world, so I am really glad that my choices have been worth the while."
Speaking of choice, ask Tara what she found toughest when she entered the glam world and she is quick to reply, "In a job, someone's set a routine and you just follow it. Here, I realised that unless I make a routine for my self, I will always be so disorganised ."

Happiness quotient
Apart from a strict work routine, ask the actress what else heightens her feel good factor and she says, "Well, I exercise, do yoga, go for jogs and eat healthy food. It makes me feel really good. On the emotional level, my marriage to Roopak Saluja has brought me immense contentment. His being supportive of my work just adds to my happiness." With her husband working in the media, does she ever plan to help him out in his work or go behind the camera herself? To this she says, "Of course, I love the work he does and it's fun to see the preparations that are done when commercials are being made. But I don't think I'm ready to produce or direct a film. I have too much on my hand to think of doing anything else."

Rewind to the past
With so much going for her at the moment, remind Tara of the past when people linked her with Akshaye Khanna and without getting flustered, Tara says calmly, "See, both of us studied in the same school and that's one reason why we go back a long way. We were close friends then and even now we share a good rapport. So, I don't get bogged down by all this talk." Tell her that Akshaye has said that she's the only woman he's ever loved and she answers, "Well, I can only speak for myself. Akshaye is basically a quiet person, so when he spoke about me, people read too much into it. Akshaye knows Roopak very well and he is still a dear friend."

this news published by www.indiatimes.com