Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

‘I Don’t Mind Lip Locks’


Preeti Jhangiani had made quite an arrival in Tollywood with smashing hits like Narasimhanaidu but later resolved to test her luck in Bollywood.

Despite receiving more than 20 offers post Mohabattein, she couldn't make it big, though she had her share of BO-success with Awara Paagal Deewana, Anarth and LOC. Even her image makeover couldn't give a fillip to her career. Now, she makes a comeback to Tollywood with two author-backed roles to prove she isn't just a flash in the pan.


On lip locks & being single
After playing an orthodox girl in her debut film Mohabbatein, she boldly indulged in a lip lock with actor Abbas for a music album. "Could you imagine such scenes in Rajshri's banner before? I think this album reflected their adaptation to changing times," says the actress, who has a few steamy scenes to her credit. "Personally, I dislike it, but since it's part of my job, I don't mind," reasons the actress, who believes that only aesthetically shot scenes will find audience patronage. "If makers use it only to titillate the audience, it would rebound," she says. She is still single since her focus is on work. "I am just thinking of grabbing meaty roles, so my personal life can wait."

On her comeback bid
Despite hits Tammudu and Narasimhanaidu in Tollywood, she failed to cash in on it. "I did get lot of offers but I couldn't spare dates due to my Bollywood commitments," she says. Now, in her comeback film Nakshatra, she plays an archaeologist. "It's the first time that I am doing such a challenging role," says Preeti, who has also agreed to do another author-backed role with director Pratap. "Again, it's a well-designed role with good scope," informs the lady who is on the verge of signing a third female-centric film, hoping everything falls in place. "I did an item number in Yamadonga. I may consider doing another if the offer is exciting," she says.

On Bollywood
She had a promising start in Bollywood with a runaway hit Mohabbatein but couldn't really make it big. "I received 20 offers after Mohabattein, but probably didn't pick the right ones," reasons the actress, who puts it down to luck. "Even today, I don't have a PR manager," informs the actress. Nevertheless, she had her share of Bollywood roles with Awara Paagal Deewana, Anarth, Aan and LOC. "My varied roles include a princess, a widow, a dutiful wife and a negative role in Victoria No.203," says the actress, who feels satisfied with most of her roles. She is equally excited about her upcoming Hindi film Haseena and describes it as a ‘decent entertainer’.



NEWS BY INDIA TIMES