Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

‘I love Men With Good Physique’


After a successful debut in Garam Masala opposite Akshay Kumar in 2005, Neetu Chandra’s career is on a high. If she’s got herself a mix

of commercial and realistic films, that’s sheer coincidence.

Neetu insists that she doesn’t choose a film on any such criteria, “I sign on the dotted line after reading the script and my character outline.” Her new film Dibakar Banerjee’s Oye Lucky Lucky Oye might have opened to mixed reports, but she’s optimistic about Rahul Dholakia’s Mumbai Cutting, PC Sreeram’s Flat No13-B and Gary Grewal’s Khusar Prasad Ka Bhoot. She says, “I am lucky and blessed. My parents’ blessings have always been with me.”

In Oye Lucky... she shares a great screen chemistry with Abhay Deol. “I am very comfortable with him. We share a good rapport but we don’t interfere in each other’s work,” says Neetu. This is also the first time she did a lip lock scene with her co-star. “The script demanded and I did it. In real life, lovers kiss too. A kissing scene depends on the character, I can’t say much about the creative aspect. As long as I feel I am not being exploited, I don’t mind kissing on screen.” Does off-screen chemistry help to portray a role better? “Off-screen chemistry is important; you need to be comfortable with your co-star. But it doesn’t mean that one has to have an affair with co-actors to get the chemistry right. The chemistry seen on-screen depends only between those three minutes when the director says ‘action’ and ‘cut’,” she opines.

Neetu’s one actress who hasn’t been linked to her co-stars as yet. “I am sure, very soon I will be linked with Abhay or Randeep Hooda,” she laughs, adding, “I let my work talk. I don’t create issues to be in news. I am also not a page 3 person as I am not a party animal. However, when it is compulsory to attend a party, I do attend. Let’s face it, parties don’t get me films,” she maintains.

Is she a director’s actor? “I am not completely a director’s actor but I trust the script and director,” says Neetu. She will soon be seen in a Tamil film Yaavarum Nalam with R Madhavan and a Telegu film Satyameva Jayate. “I want to try my hands at everything that is offered to me,” she says.

Neetu loves to unwind from her hectic schedule by playing basket ball, dancing, talking to people from all walks of life.

Neetu hails from a sports background and loves “men with good physique.” But she hasn’t found her ‘someone special’. “There is no time for love,” she ruefully points out.

this news published by indiatimes.com