Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I’m a Politician by Accident: PM Manmohan Singh


I am a politician only by accident. Teaching has been my first love. My days as a teacher have been the most enjoyable part of my life,” Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Wednesday.

Inaugurating the International Centre for Materials Science (ICMS) and C N R Rao Hall of Science at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) in Bangalore, the PM said, “Hence, whenever I get opportunities to visit universities and institutes of learning, I do so with great joy. They fill me with a sense of pride and happiness and I feel proud at the achievements.”

“Long ago Sir Winston Churchill said ‘Empires of future are going to be the empires of mind’. Whenever I visit Bangalore I have a feeling of elation,” he said.

The Pm said that, Moon mission (Chandrayaan-1) has filled the nation with pride and has proved that Indian scientists are second to none.

Singh complimented Prof C N R Rao, director of JNCASR and chairman of Prime Minister’s Scientific Advisory Council, for his contributions not only to scientific research but to the development of Indian science also.


this news published by www.apakistannews.com