Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

‘I don’t intend to knock on doors’


You are back after a hiatus...
I had gone nowhere. In fact, I was shooting round-the-clock and now, seven of my films are up for

release. The problem is that there is a fluctuating process of time lag between shooting and release.

Could you list the filmi deals?
There’s Shivam Nair’s Maharathi. Then there’s Suno Na, Ay Fansa, Amavas, Mocktail and two English
films — The Whisperers and The Other End Of The Line. I am also doing a small role in Dulha Mil Gaya and there’s Rensil D’Silva’s film, too. I hope the films release as scheduled.

You play a single pregnant woman in Suno Na. How comfortable are you with the idea?
To each his own. But thankfully, my husband will be there for my kid.

After this long gap, do you think you are still fresh in the audience’s memory?
It may come as a pleasant surprise, but, because Khosla Ka Ghosla is beamed on television so frequently,
people feel that I’m still around. If you are featured in a good film, you are bound to be remembered.

What kind of a “memorable role” are you essaying in Nair’s film?
I play a nerdy architecture student. The role isn’t very lengthy but I am instrumental to the plot of the film. Without revealing much, I can say that my deglam avatar is an alibi in this suspense thriller. I don’t even feature much in the promos because they want to keep the mystery about my character.

This film shows how different contenders spring up after a rich man’s death, to grab a share of his money. In reality, how strong is this hunger for money?
I think, in life, money is important as it makes life easier. But it’s more important to be healthy and happy.
I agree that money helps in these matters too, but it can’t be the topmost priority of one’s life.

And how is life post-marriage?
It’s great. We are both pleasantly surprised that marriage can be so much fun. And even though we belong to the same profession, we try and give each other space.

Does it help to have a husband who has a production company? After all, if need be, he can also produce your film.
Touchwood, I still haven’t reached such a phase. And I don’t look at it that way. Maybe, at some point, I might get involved in the business, but as of now, I am happy with the way things are.

Would you go to production houses in search of work?
Luckily, things have always come to me. And I don’t intend to knock on doors.



this news published by http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com