Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Big B is angry!


He may have acted as an outlaw umpteen times on the screen but the terror attacks in Mumbaiwere enough to shake Amitabh Bachchan up who kept his
revolver under his pillow while going to sleep.

"Last night, as the events of the terror attack unfolded in front of me I did something for the first time andone that I had hoped never ever to be in a situation to do.Before retiring for the night, I pulled out my licensed .32revolver, loaded it and put it under my pillow. For a verydisturbed sleep," the megastar wrote on his blog.

Bachchan was glued to TV screen as security personnel battled the militants yesterday, also the birth anniversary of his father. Bachchan, known for his on-screen 'Angry Young Man'image depicting the rebellious youth, fumed with anger at the "ineptitude of the authorities" who were supposed to take careof the country.

"My pain has been the sight and plight of my innocentand vulnerable and completely insecure countrymen, facing thewrath of this terror attack. And my anger has been at theineptitude of the authorities that have been ordained to lookafter us," Big B expressed in his blog. Lauding the efforts of troops in tackling the terrorsituation, he wrote "brilliant officers and police personnelhave laid down their lives for us. I can only but salute themand respect their sincerity in the call of duty."

Bachchan was disgruntled over the cliche "spirit ofMumbai" which he said people were using to cover the traumaticexperiences that every merry city underwent in recent years.


this news published by timesofindia.indiatimes.com