Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Beauty with attitude


Neha Dhupia’s meteoric rise from a successful model to a Bollywood star has had its share of controversies which are always brushed aside by her.

The long-legged beauty shies away giving a dekho into her personal life and prefers discussing her projects, preferences, co-stars and more. When asked about her love life, pat comes the reply, “It’s better if we talk about my upcoming movie Maharathi.”

So, we’ll begin with Maharathi. What about it?
It’s a thriller around a person who was murdered and everyone only wants to have a share in his property and the money he’s left behind. I got a chance to work with several veterans like Naseeruddin Shah and Boman Irani which was great for me.

Of late we have been seeing you in a lot of multi-starrers. When are we going to see you play the leading lady?
In Sivam Nayyar’s Maharathi.

Why didn’t Dasvadaniya work at the box-office?
Making a film work is not in my control. It depends on the audience. I choose my films before signing them and similarly, people choose which films they want to watch. But it’s a movie which is quite close to my heart.

Some people are finding it hard to accept the new look you have adopted for Raftaar. Your Comments?
I am enjoying my short hair. People have put me in a mould and I want to break that.

In Raftaar you have a lovemaking scene with Emraan Hashmi. Are you uncomfortable with intimacy onscreen?
There is no such scene. I don’t know where all this news comes from. It’s a media based thriller by Shamin Desai in which I a run a news channel.

How was the experience of working with Emraan?
He is a great person and we had fun shooting in Malaysia, Delhi and Bombay. I feel that in actual life one’s persona is quite different than what is portrayed about him or her on screen. So is the case with him.

Would you do a nude scene in a Hollywood film - even for a staggering amount?
No. Never!

Are you planning to settle down?
Not in the near future.

Who is the Bollywood or the Hollywood hunk whom you would love to date?
No one really, as I am quite happy with the current man in my life. (no names please).

Your favourite role till date?
My favourite role is that of Mahek Malwade in my upcoming movie Pappu Can’t Dance Saala as she is wild, clean-hearted and very colourful.

You were forcibly kissed by Richard Branson during a promotion event recently which left quite a few eyebrows raised. What had actually happened?
He didn’t kiss me, he just lifted me unexpectedly. It just happened on the spur of the moment. It was just two people having fun together. Media just sensationalises everything.



this news published by http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com