Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"There is someone special in my life"


Amrita Arora is a happy girl these days.
Any why not? She’s got impressive films in her kitty, her personal life seems to be rocking and her recent film Hello, has won her rave reviews. For an actor that’s quite enough really. She thinks her “role was one that everyone could identify with. It has surprised a lot of people.

Earlier, people thought that I couldn’t play a simple, middle class girl. The best thing is that Arhaan, my nephew, loved it and ordered a cake for the same.”

Even the future seems promising. Her forthcoming releases include Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal Returns, the much talked about Kambakth Ishq, which, apart from Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor, also boasts of Hollywood biggies Sylvester Stallone and Brandon Routh. “Golmaal Returns is going to be a laugh-riot like its prequel and people will just love it. I am paired opposite Arshad Warsi. As for Kambakth Ishq, it’s too early to give away much. I play Aftab’s love interest and all I can say is that it is definitely going to be one of the biggest films in the history of Indian cinema,” she elaborates.

For someone who won the VJ hunt contest for a popular music channel when she was just 17, “big screen happened purely by chance. My friends used to tell me I would make a good VJ and I participated just for fun. Once I won, offers started pouring in. But now, I take my career very seriously.” Constant comparisions with sister Malaika Arora don’t bother her at all. “I think she is one of the most beautiful and successful women in the world and I am blessed to have her as my sister,” is her take. She might have done a few bold films like Girlfriend and Rakht in the past, but she says “those were decisions that I made back then. I have moved ahead in life. I have tried different roles and I am happy to be where I am today.”

No problems about multi-starrers either. “As long as it offers me scope to perform, why not? And don’t such films have a better chance at the box-office?” she asks. In an industry where catfights are frequent, she shares a great rapport with Kareena Kapoor. “It’s very wrong to say that two actresses can’t get along well. It’s all about how secure a person you are and who you want to be. Me and Bebo are very close and she is a wonderful person,” she tells us.

A lot of actresses are sporting bikinis these days but Amrita was featured long back in a bikini on the cover of a magazine. “To carry off a bikini, you need to be comfortable with your body and also not feel that you are doing anything wrong. I don’t like all these pre-conceived notions about women,” she says.

And what kind of a person is Amrita? “I am a very normal girl. Besides, I like to live life on my own terms,” she avers. Is she bitter after her split with boyfriend Usman Afzaal? “I am not bitter at all. I am someone who embraces life to the fullest. Besides, there is someone special right now in my life and he cares for me,” she says on a parting note.



news by india times