Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

It’s Not About Exertion, Says Big B



The sight of you being rushed to the hospital on a stretcher scared everyone. It brought back bad memories of the last time when you were unwell.
What reaction can I give to being on a stretcher?

What exactly happened to you?
Intestinal obstruction; a legacy of my accident on the sets of Coolie and its aftermath.

Friday was Karva Chauth, a day that your family always celebrates in a big way. Is that why you decided to go back home on this day?
I do not choose when I get discharged from a hospital, or indeed when I should get into one. My doctors do that. The doctors felt I was well enough to go home and so I did.

How has the industry reacted to your illness? Everybody has been very concerned.
I am grateful to all those who came to visit me at the hospital. There were many who sent goodwill messages. I may not have been able to respond to all personally, but may I use your medium to acknowledge and thank them. I am moved by their concern for me and of all others who I may not have been able to meet- friends, well wishers, and fans.

Uddhav Thackeray visited you this time. Did that surprise you?
Yes, he did and no, it did not surprise me. He is a dear family friend. My sincerest thanks also to Pratibha Patilji for having sent her good wishes. It was also extremely generous of the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singhji to have personally called Jaya and expressed concern.

There have been all kinds of rumours about your health and when you will resume work.
I have been asked to take rest. I shall resume work as soon as the doctors give me a go ahead.

Aishwarya’s father Krishna Raj Rai is also unwell and was hospitalised. Have you spoken to him?
Krishna Raj Rai has been undergoing treatment for cancer. His course of treatment takes place in a hospital where he has to go for a day. He is responding well.

People say you are overworked and you hardly have any rest.
No, that is incorrect. I work according to my capability and capacity. My present illness has got nothing to do with exertion and overwork as has been made out by the media. I could have been in this situation even if I was sitting at home doing nothing.

What advice have your children Abhishek and Shweta given to you regarding your health?
The same I would give them. Take care.




NEWS BY INDIA TIMES