Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Katrina: I don't have a master plan


In a chat with TOI, Katrina Kaif gets candid on various things under the sun.

You are all over - what's the secret?
I have no idea, but it is very kind of you to say so. I have worked hard and been consistent. I think a large part of it has got to do with destiny.

It is said that you are an easy person to work with.
Hmmm... Most people I have worked with have been very happy with me. Frankly, there is no explanation as to why the audience likes you in spite of your flaws and imperfections.

So, you admit that you have flaws and imperfections?
Everyone has...I too have some. I don't think I have reached a saturation point. In fact, I have a lot of work to do. It's an amazing feeling that people want to see me on screen and I am elated about it. I want my fans to like me a lot more.

You have always played the quintessential girlfriend.
This is just one aspect of my acting and I have a long way to go. I still haven't done a truly intense romantic film. I want to do a dark film, play a mentally imbalanced girl. It's not my style to go public about the films I have refused. On hindsight, I may have refused a great role, but I have always gone by my instinct. If I feel that it may not work for me, I don't do it. I have made a conscious effort to be accepted by the family audience. So far, it's worked well for me. Slowly, but surely, you will see a different Katrina.

We have heard that you have signed a two-film deal with a production house for Rs 7.5 crore. Is that your market worth?
These things can be sensationalised. It is not something that I would like to talk about. I am not here to run after money. If a producer wants me in his film and if I too like the role, I will get my market price. One gets what one deserves. Filmmakers know how much every actor charges and how much he/she deserves.

Do you think corporate culture is going to last in Bollywood?
Every company that brings with it money, will not necessarily run the course. But, producers, who make films with a very strong storyline and have excellent relations with artistes, will definitely last.

With success comes superstition. Do you run to a church just before your film hits the theatres?
No, I don't. Instead, I pray and ask for a wish from wherever I am. I believe that you don't need to go to a church to connect with God. You can even walk down the street and connect with Him.

You are being spoken of in the same breath as Kareena Kapoor...
It has been a flight of fantasy for me so far. Whatever I have got is more than what I had asked for. Kareena was already a big star when I made my debut. Moreover, she has essayed a lot of challenging roles. Kareena is far ahead of me in terms of roles and performance.

Has your pairing with Akshay Kumar contributed to your success?
100 per cent!



news by indiatimes