Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hema Malini, under the knife?


Dream Girl, Hema Malini is glowing at 60. It was only last month when she celebrated her birthday and was overwhelmed by the compliments which Hema Malini followed about her youthful appeal.

She confesses, “Yes. I went in for some experimentation. Stylist Asha Hariharan told me how the ‘combed back’ look is so passe. Try something new. I gave in. And she changed my hair do and also my overall look. The result I must say was impressive. People told me at 60, I looked much prettier now.”

As charming as she could be. Hema continued in the same vein citing reasons about her chiselled looks. “I am a dancer at heart. I lead a very disciplined life. There are no late nights, no smoking and no boozing. There’s an occasional wine but that's only on special occasions. It’s definitely not a habit. I have always followed my passion to dance religiously. And that keeps me agile and youthful at heart.”

To age gracefully is an art and spirituality helps. Hema says, “Spirituality is a great bent of mind. It gives peace and hope to me. With age, the beauty of wrinkles is also required. Some people go in for surgery, but in my case it wasn't needed. This is my natural look. I never needed to go under the knife.” Echoing her view, stylist Asha Hariharan says, “There are some fine lines on her face which have obviously come with age. But I must say that she is glowing better with age. I have recommended aqua makeup to Hema. It gives an enhancing natural touch. Even in her forthcoming movie Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi where she plays Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia, she will sport some ‘structural makeup’ which gives her a majestic and regal shade.”

Concluding, Hema claims, “The true secret to my beauty is holding onto an artistic pursuit. In my case it has been Bharatnatyam. And today’s technology is great. Pictures can also be made to highlight the assets and hide the fine lines,” she giggled child-like.



via