Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spartacus Gods Of The Arena

Spartacus Gods Of The Arena: That’s right, there’s a brand new Spartacus recapper in town taking over the reins from Tim O’Leary, and his name is JT Rilacus. (Come on, hot men doing things with swords in ancient times with a comic book aesthetic? It’s a perfect fit!) Our fearless editor Michael Jensen let me out of my SGM Seeks LTR in NYC cage to stretch my legs, and was kind enough to give me a crack at this freaky-sexy-crazy show. Hope you guys like what I have to give!

Whitfield is sorely lacking, and without him at center, I’m not sure that this mini-series can never really be more than a well-produced disorder. But it’s a beautiful mess. Without the seriousness of the slave revolt of Spartacus scenario, manufacturers of Spartacus seem willing to indulge their basest instincts of B-movie. So the first hour was wall to wall with fight sequences more cartoonishly over-skull rampant nudity of both S-EX-es, and quite comically elab Read More



Spartacus Gods Of The Arena